Do you need to secure your applications quickly from today's threats such as those from automated agents, bots, and common vulnerabilities? Are you limited by time, resources, and knowledge of your web applications? Do you need protection against CVEs without thinking too deeply about them?
In this 1 day course, participants identify and mitigate common web application vulnerabilities on the client and application sides of the threat spectrum. Participants use F5 Advanced WAF to quickly configure advanced protection against common Layer 7 vulnerabilities (OWASP Top Ten) and bot defense.
This course is intended for users who wish to rapidly deploy a basic web application security policy with minimal configuration; deploy a DoS Protection Profile to detect server stress, and block bad actors.
There are no F5-technology-specific prerequisites for this course. However, completing the following before attending would be very helpful for students with limited BIG-IP administration and configuration experience:
Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course or F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator.
Goals for this course:
• Provision resources for F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall
• Rapidly deploy a security policy using the Guided Configuration
• Configure learn, alarm, and block settings to ensure valid users can access your application
• Define attack signatures
• Contrast positive and negative security policy implementation
• Review learning suggestions for policy tuning
• Mitigate Credentials Stuffing attacks
• Secure a URL from client-side fraud using DataSafe encryption and obfuscation
• Use the automated L7 Behavioral Denial of Service feature to detect and mitigate DoS attacks